Careers Programme 2018–2019
Our aim is to ensure all students leave Bolton Sixth Form well-equipped for the next step on their career journey. Every student is offered an individualised package of support, including: impartial advice and guidance; opportunities for work experience; employability skills via the World of Work programme and direct support from a range of Universities.
Our careers provision enables students to:
- Identify their strengths and skills
- Explore progression pathways
- Acquire the skills that employers are looking for
- Make informed choices about their futures
- Research degree programmes
- Identify appropriate universities
- Make successful applications for apprenticeships, employment and further training
Admissions tests for university entry 2019:
Students who are applying for University courses that require an admissions test can find out here about key dates and costs:
If you are registering for an admissions test, you will need to notify the college exams officer and bring in the correct payments.
Bolton Sixth Form College fully incorporates industry information in it Careers Programme to ensure students receive relevant and up-to-date career path information. There are many ways employers and employee can get involved in Bolton Sixth Form College’s careers programme – for more information please contact Jill Whitham at firstname.lastname@example.org
What can employers/employees get involved with at the college?
- Offering one week Work Experience opportunities
- Offering long term Industry Placements
- Careers / Industry Talks
- Enterprise activities
- Mock Interviews
- Careers Fairs