Music A Level
Do you have a passion for performing? Do you love playing and listening to different styles of music? Do you want free instrument lessons? Ever wanted to compose and create your own music? Then Music could be the course for you. Come and join the BSFC Performing Arts team for a learning experience that will challenge you and help you become a confident musician.
Students studying four A Levels will be expected to have a minimum of 6 GCSEs at grade A/A*/7, 8 or 9 including English Language and Mathematics at grade 6 or above. Students studying three A Levels will be expected to have a minimum of two GCSEs at grade B/6 and three GCSEs at grade C/4 including English Language and Mathematics at grade 4. In addition, a Grade C or above in GCSE Music, excellent music theory knowledge and at least Grade 5 standard of performance is essential.
Features of the course:
• Free instrument/singing lessons by professionals for part of the year.
• Visits to the concerts and see live music performances
• Study classical music, pop and jazz music
• Develop your own instrumental skills
• Compose your own pieces of music
• Perform your work in public recitals
• Learn how to analyse music and develop your listening skills
• Practical and active lessons
• Learn how to use the latest computer software
• Work in our industry standard studios and get creative
• Assessment is via practical exams, written exams, and a coursework portfolio
• College Soul and funk band
• Musical Theatre Productions
• Friday Foyer Performances
• Brass Ensemble
• Music Technology/Creating Music
Future Career Opportunities
Performing, teaching, music publishing, music journalism and media, music technology and research.
Why Study at BSFC?
You will be taught by a professional musician who plays for the Black Dyke Band, who have recently been the British Open, National and European Champions. They have recently performed at Glastonbury 2017.
We also supply you with some free instrument lessons taught by professionals to help you work towards your practical exam recital. We have excellent facilities for you to learn and perform in, including state -of -the -art sound and recording studios and theatres for performances. Music to us is more than just a subject - it’s our passion! If you share this
passion then we invite you to join us and be with like-minded people who are all striving to reach the same goal. We expect our students to be committed to College and our course and we promise to provide you with all the help and support you need to succeed.