High Expectations = Outstanding Results
The College achieves consistently high results at A Level, and Vocational programmes, and the College success rate is well above that achieved by most schools and colleges in the country. Success requires staff, parents and students to work together, and implies responsibilities for all parties.
What students can expect from us
- Commitment to high standards of teaching and the opportunity for students to proceed to appropriate examinations.
- Help to be able to organise time effectively and become self-disciplined.
- A tutorial system which provides progress monitoring, support and advice.
- Access to high quality learning support and mentoring including the offer of a professional counselling service.
What we expect from our students
- Full attendance and punctuality at all timetabled sessions, and student workshops and additional support session. This includes being in the building 10 minutes before a lesson begins.
- To work to the best of their ability.
- To complete and submit all work/homework set outside of class contact time and to the deadlines given.
- Active participation in academic and pastoral review sessions and ownership of individual action planning in which personal/academic goals are set and worked towards and reviewed every half term.