What is the Science Academy?
It forms part of the College’s Honours Programme. You will study two or more Science/Mathematics subjects at A Level (i.e. two subjects from Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics).
Is there an entry requirement?
Are you passionate about Science? Are you aiming to excel in the field of Science? If you are likely to achieve five or more GCSEs at grades 7, 8 or 9 including Science and Mathematics subjects then you may wish to be considered for the Science Academy.
What you can expect?
- An opportunity to take the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) on a science-related topic of your choice
- Involvement in university level laboratory practical activities
- Visits to the best universities as part of The Honours Programme
- Visits to science-related organisations and museums
- One-to-one coaching to achieve A/A* grades
- Coaching and mock interviews for Oxbridge applications
- Support to help with internships and work placements.
- Opportunity to participate in debates on science-related issues
A Level Physics / Mathematics / Further Mathematics
“I chose The Sixth Form Bolton because it has an excellent reputation in my local area, my older siblings came to this college and had a great experience. As part of my studies I really enjoyed the Physics Club and I am looking forward to propelling myself into Aerospace Engineering at The University of Manchester!”
To find out more or ask a questions email DPotts@bolton-sfc.ac.uk