SAFEGUARDING OFFICERS AND CO-ORDINATOR
Safeguarding Officer – 1 Post
Safeguarding Officer with Co-ordinator Responsibility – 1 Post
The Sixth Form Bolton is looking to appoint 2 Safeguarding Officers with one of the post-holders holding further responsibility as the Safeguarding Co-ordinator.
The postholders will be part of the Learning Services Department which focusses on Learning Support, Exam Access Arrangements, Student Mental Health/Wellbeing, Counselling Service and Safeguarding. The various team members all contribute in differing ways to help support each student in need.
As a College of 1800 students this team offers support to over 300 of these students, our data demonstrates that these learners achieve annually well in excess of their predicted outcomes and we are proud of them and the level of support we offer. Students do well at The Sixth Form Bolton both academically, personally and professionally when they are supported by the learning services team
The Sixth Form is an innovative and creative workplace that values the input of its staff in all of their roles across the sixth form. We have excellent opportunities for staff development and a keen focus on the wellbeing of all our staff and learners.
Benefits of Service
The positions are full-time, working term time only. The normal hours of work are 36.25 hours per week Monday to Friday, with the core working day being driven by the annual student timetable framework which is predominantly 8.30am to 4.30pm. There will be a requirement to work some evenings and one Saturday to assist with admission interviews, marketing and other events. The pro-rata (actual take home) salary range is circa £25k to £29k on the Support Staff Pay Spine depending on qualifications and experience.
The additional responsibility attracts a further responsibility allowance of circa £2k per annum (actual take home salary).
The majority of our staff are long serving which is testament to the sixth form being a fabulous place to work which is extremely rewarding.
In addition, we offer a generous remuneration package to colleagues which includes:
- Generous pension scheme and in-service benefits with the sixth form contributing 23.4% of earnings
- Holiday entitlement starting at 26 days, rising to 28 after two years’ service and 31 after 5 years’ service in addition to the 8 Statutory Bank Holidays. Holidays are taken during college closure periods, payment for these are incorporated into the pro-rata salary.
- Additional day’s holiday in the form of a Staff Well-being Day in November when the sixth form is closed to all staff and students
- Staff Well-being Day in December with lots of healthy activities to participate in such as Outdoor Walking, Yoga, Card Games, Team Sports, Quiz and lots more.
- Leadership and Development Programme
- Supportive Coaching Community with opportunity to attain an ILM Level 5 Coaching Qualification
- Free covered parking in the adjacent, secure, National Car Park
- Complimentary, free tea and coffee throughout the day
- Discounted Health Facilities in neighbouring Gym and Swimming Centre
- A supportive environment recognising the importance of a work/life balance
Applications will be welcomed up to: 19th March 2023
Interviews: Suitable candidates will be contacted and invited to an interview
Start Date: As soon as possible.
All applicants must complete The Sixth Form’s application form in full and return together with a supporting letter which outlines your suitability for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please ensure you read the job description and person specification fully prior to making your application, this will be used as part of the shortlisting process to ensure your application meets the ‘Essential’ requirements of the post.
Safeguarding Co-Ordinator Job Description
Safeguarding Officer – Job Description
Safeguarding Officer – Person Specification
Application Form – Support Staff
Candidates wishing to apply for the additional responsibility as Safeguarding Co-ordinator, must demonstrate that they have experience of the additional responsibilities of the role, particularly experience of attending External Safeguarding Strategy Meetings.