SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR/PA TO SENIOR MANAGEMENT TEAM
Senior Administrator / PA
Full Time (36.25hrs per week), Term Time and Permanent
Start Date No later than 15th May 2023
Due to the retirement of the current post holder, the Sixth Form is seeking to appoint an experienced administrator to take over and further develop this role.
As with many posts in a small educational setting, the role is varied encompassing Personal Assistant services to the Senior Management Team (comprising of 4 individuals), leadership and management of the Reception/Front of House Services, leadership and management of the Reprographics service (a key service producing teaching and learning resources for the delivery of the curriculum) and management of the communication services.
The postholder will sit within the Management Information and Learner Administration team but will provide support to all curriculum, pastoral and corporate service departments.
The postholder will be required to provide the front of house service each afternoon, however the nature of the sixth form is such that busy front of house activity takes place during the mornings and the postholder will be able to carry out other duties whilst being located at reception.
This role will suit an individual who is looking to further their career in an education setting, administration services are constantly evolving and the postholder has the opportunity to review and develop existing systems to improve efficiency and align them with the digital environment.
In addition, the postholder will:
- Have proven experience of working in an administrative role within a busy and demanding environment with the ability to work on their own initiative or as part of a team
- Be able to multi-task and work within tight deadlines
- Have proven experience of using a range of computer packages as specified in the Person Specification
- Be discrete and maintain confidentiality
A full overview of the duties can be found in the enclosed Job Description.
Terms and Conditions:
- 36.25 hours per week – Current Core Hours: Monday – Friday 09.00am – 5.00pm
- Term Time – Up to Salary Scale Point 14 (£26,440 Per Annum) – Actual Term Time Salary £22,424
We can offer you:
- Generous pension scheme and in-service benefits with the sixth form contributing 23.4% of earnings
- Holiday entitlement starting at 26 days, rising to 28 after two years’ service and 31 after 5 years’ service in addition to the 8 Statutory Bank Holidays. Holidays are taken during college closure periods, payment for these are incorporated into the pro-rata salary.
- Additional day’s holiday in the form of a Staff Well-being Day in November when the sixth form is closed to all staff and students
- Staff Well-being Day in December with lots of healthy activities to participate in such as Outdoor Walking, Yoga, Card Games, Team Sports, Quiz and lots more.
- Leadership and Development Programme
- Supportive Coaching Community with opportunity to attain an ILM Level 5 Coaching Qualification
- Free covered parking in the adjacent, secure, National Car Park
- Complimentary, free tea and coffee throughout the day
- Discounted Health Facilities in neighbouring Gym and Swimming Centre
- A supportive environment recognising the importance of a work/life balance
Applications will be welcomed up to the 2nd April 2023
Interviews: Suitable candidates will be contacted and invited to an interview
Start Date: No later than 15th May 2023
The College has an established programme of professional development and actively encourages individuals with the drive and enthusiasm to succeed in their chosen profession.
To apply, please complete the application form below and email to email@example.com
Application Form – Support Staff
Senior Administrator – Job Description March 2023
Senior Administrator – Person Specification March 2023
You should refer to the Job Description and Person Specification. Please outline your skills, experience and personal qualities and how they relate to the requirements of the post. Please note that only applicants who meet the criteria of the person specification will be considered.
If you require any further information regarding this post, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sixth Form Bolton is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo pre-employment checks. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
The Sixth Form Bolton welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.