TEACHER OF BUSINESS, ECONOMICS OR ACCOUNTING
Teacher Person Specification- March 2023
Application Form – Teaching Staff
FTE 0.4375 and Permanent
Start Date: 23rd August 2023
The Sixth Form Bolton is a vibrant specialist 16-19 Sixth Form College with circa 1750 students. We are dedicated to releasing the potential of our students and staff alike. We are committed to investing in you and your career development, join us and you can expect to be supported and encouraged at every step of your career: working closely with colleagues in a well-established and experienced department, one-to-one coaching, an excellent continuing CPD package alongside a developed staff wellbeing programme. The Sixth Form Bolton has an excellent reputation, high standards and outcomes for its students and this is a real opportunity for you to make a difference in people’s lives.
The Business Department is a large department that provides A-Level courses in Accounting, Business and Economics alongside a substantial vocational offer. These courses generate outstanding results year on year and have significant links to external organisations, speakers and industry placements. An opportunity is available for an enthusiastic Teacher of either Business, Economics or Accounting to join our large, successful and thriving department. Due to the size of the department, we are able to accommodate any individual who could make a positive contribution to any of the disciplines offered. We would like to hear from teaching professionals who are passionate about their subject and who enjoy encouraging and challenging students to achieve their personal goals and aspirations. Candidates should be able to take up post from 23rd August 2023.
We are looking for a teaching professional who is able to engage students with a range of diverse and well-planned lessons and who will kindle their curiosity for the wider world and opportunities available through studying in these areas. We also aim to provide courses of study that delivers excitement and enjoyment through wider enrichment of the curriculum.
With a collective focus on ensuring that every student achieves their personal best, the Sixth Form delivers a culture and ethos that promotes initiative, curiosity, creativity, confidence and independence in all our learners, we believe that Sixth Form is about more than just achieving academic success.
If this is the sort of environment you thrive in or wish to be part of and you have the skills and motivation to guide and support students to both fulfil and possibly exceed their personal goals, then we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for someone:
- With vision, energy and exciting ideas to build on current good practice and results
- That has the ability to engage students and inspire through excellent subject knowledge
- Who is a strong classroom practitioner able to enthuse others with a love for their subject and to stimulate high performing students as well as nurture those less confident in their ability
- Who is creative and able to engage and motivate students
- With the desire to share good practice and make a real contribution to the development of the department and the progress of our students
We can offer you:
- A modern friendly working environment with excellent facilities and exemplary student behaviour
- A truly Collegiate and supportive approach
- Salary ranging from £28,125- £44,256 (Pro-Rata – £12,305 to £19,362) (SFCA Teaching Pay Scale)
- A commitment to the development of our staff, structured CPD with opportunities for regular inset workshops and cross college sharing of resources and techniques
- A commitment to supporting your health and wellbeing
- Professional teacher conditions of service on a Sixth Form College contract
Applications for this position are welcomed from teaching professionals irrespective of their career stage or previous educational sector experience. The College has an established programme of professional development and actively encourages individuals with the drive and enthusiasm to succeed in their chosen profession.
To apply, please complete the application form via our website:
You should refer to the Job Description and Person Specification. Please outline your skills, experience and personal qualities and how they relate to the requirements of the post. Please note that only applicants who meet the criteria of the person specification will be considered.
If you require any further information regarding this post, please contact: The Human Resources Department, The Sixth Form Bolton, Deane Road, Bolton BL3 5BU or via email email@example.com.
The closing date for applications: The advert will remain live until a suitable candidate is appointed.
Interviews to be held: TBA
The Sixth Form Bolton is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo pre-employment checks. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
The Sixth Form Bolton welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.