TEACHER OF ICT WITH COMPUTING
Job Title: Teacher of ICT with Computing
Full Time and Permanent
Start Date: 23rd August 2023
The Sixth Form Bolton is a vibrant specialist 16-19 Sixth Form College with circa 1750 students. We are dedicated to releasing the potential of our students and staff alike. We are committed to investing in you and your career development, join us and you can expect to be supported and encouraged at every step of your career: working closely with colleagues in a well-established and experienced department, one-to-one coaching, an excellent continuing CPD package alongside a developed staff wellbeing programme. The Sixth Form Bolton has an excellent reputation, high standards and outcomes for its students and this is a real opportunity for you to make a difference in people’s lives.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Teacher of ICT to join our supportive and thriving department. We would like to hear from teaching professionals who are passionate about ICT and who enjoy encouraging and challenging students to achieve their personal goals and aspirations. An ability to contribute to A Level Computer Science within the department would be an advantage, though not a necessity. Candidates should be able to take up post from 23rd August 2023.
Courses in the Business and Computing Department remain consistently popular areas of study. The department offers highly successful ICT vocational pathways in both a Single Vocational Advanced Level and a Triple Vocational Advanced Level as well as offering A Level courses.
With a collective focus on ensuring that every student achieves their personal best, the Sixth Form delivers a culture and ethos that promotes initiative, curiosity, creativity, confidence and independence in all our learners, we believe that Sixth Form is about more than just achieving academic success.
If this is the sort of environment you thrive in or wish to be part of and you have the skills and motivation to guide and support students to both fulfil and possibly exceed their personal goals, then we would like to hear from you for the post of Teacher of ICT.
We are looking for someone:
- With vision, energy and exciting ideas to build on current good practice and results
- That has the ability to engage students and inspire through excellent subject knowledge
- Who is a strong classroom practitioner able to enthuse others with a love for their subject and to stimulate high performing students as well as nurture those less confident in their ability
- Who is creative and able to engage and motivate students
- With the desire to share good practice and make a real contribution to the development of the department and the progress of our students
We can offer you:
- A modern friendly working environment with excellent facilities
- A truly Collegiate and supportive approach
- Salary ranging from £25,826- £42,149 (SFCA Teaching Pay Scale (Pay award pending))
- Structured CPD with opportunities for regular inset workshops and cross college sharing of resources and techniques
- A commitment to supporting your health and wellbeing
- Professional teacher conditions of service on a Sixth Form College contract
Applications for this position are welcomed from all teaching professionals irrespective of their career stage. The College has an established programme of professional development and actively encourages individuals with the drive and enthusiasm to succeed in their chosen profession.
Application Form – Teaching Staff
You should refer to the Job Description and Person Specification. Please outline your skills, experience and personal qualities and how they relate to the requirements of the post. Please note that only applicants who meet the criteria of the person specification will be considered.
If you require any further information regarding this post, please contact: The Human Resources Department, The Sixth Form Bolton, Deane Road, Bolton BL3 5BU or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications: Sunday 19th March 2023
Interviews to be held: Thursday 30th March 2023
The Sixth Form Bolton is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo pre-employment checks. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
The Sixth Form Bolton welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.